Thursday, March 03, 2005

achey but happy

We hiked on Monday. Two hours of trudging up and down a gravel road with the baby in my awful sling, and I made it back to the car on my own two feet. That's the farthest I've tried to go since the accident (not to mention the bedrest and c-section), so I'm very proud of myself. I may get to have some fun this summer after all.

After finishing one Pixie Boot from 50 Baby Booties to Knit, I can't stand the idea of knitting a second one. I should do it very soon, because the first one does fit and Quinn needs something to keep his little toes warm if he's going to wear little outfits without feet. I'm telling myself I have to make another stupid Pixie Boot before I try any of the sixteen other patterns in that book that I want to knit. (And I'm really hoping they aren't as much of a pain!) This pair isn't from the book, though, so I can start them whenever I want.

I want to knit a hot water bottle cozy. Walmart doesn't have real hot water bottles anymore, just things that plug in and things that go in the microwave and cost a lot of money and won't fit the pattern. But Target did have a nice reddish pink one with latex warnings all over the outside of the box. I really wanted a blue one (How silly is that?) but not enough to keep dragging three kids to different stores to find it.

In case anyone was wondering, gruesome red Crystal Lite makes very pretty wool. So do Mango and Tangerine Kool Aid.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh man. that hot water bottle cozy is high up on my list of stuff to knit! every month around "that time" i find myself wishing i had made it the month before so i wouldn't have to be wishing i had it.

Unknown said...

sheesh, i was too quick to send the previous message...i wasn't quite done talking LOL i'm very proud of the baby blanket! i used a knitlist pattern (go to my blog and you will see the link on the left side in the "what's on my stix" section). it was fun to make and after the first few rounds it was pretty much mindless. if you make it my #1 suggestion is to use stitch markers!!! trust me on this :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails