Thursday, September 15, 2005

I brought yarn!

I've got more yarn with me this time than I've ever brought along on a trip -- the Euroflax stole, the cape cod socks, the lace scarf, and the yarn and patterns for Kiri, the baby socks, and a skein of Knitpicks Dancing. Of course the kids haven't let me touch it much, but I've got a fairly decent start on a sock toe with the Dancing. We're not camping this time, so the whole knitting bag went into the back of the Durango after I'd cleared out the stuff that shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Red Rock Knits is just as impressive as last year. They had the Silky Wool for Branching Out (which I promptly bought and added to my traveling stash) and lots of other yarns I haven't been able to find close to home OR online. Not the magazines I was looking for, though.

And the new Knitty is up! I only had time for a quick glance through the projects, but they're so much more appealing than the ones in the last issue. It's faded into a bit of a blur, but I know there were cables and lace and scarves and quite a few things I want to print up and add to my binders.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails