Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I've always envied those knitters who have their entire stash entered into a spreadsheet and can tell exactly how many grams or yards they've got. I don't know WHY I want to know exactly how much yarn there is in the sewing room, but I do. Sometimes. And now I've got a list of almost every single skein of yarn I own.

I had doubts about entering all of it into Ravelry. This dial up connection is so painfully slow I didn't even think it would be possible. I wasn't sure I wanted to admit to the world just how much cheap acrylic I've accumulated.

But I started entering the "good" yarn and that went so painlessly, I decided to add all of the yarn I'd bought on purpose. And now I've entered absolutely everything that has a ball band, or that I can identify without one.

This is fun!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Oooh, I'm so jealous! I've got like 1,000 people ahead of me, so by the time I'm actually invited, I'll be dead (or out of yarn) ha!

Glad you're having so much fun, though!

Pat said...

I JUST got my invite at 10:00 last night. It all looks very confusing and I have no time to figure it all out for about 2 weeks. I haven't uploaded anything yet!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails