Friday, November 09, 2007

I've got new projects to show off, Ravelry is letting me update my projects, and it's almost bed time for the little guys -- yippee!

HPIM1423


Pattern: Knitting Needle Knitting Bag
Needles: Denise size 9
Yarn: Brown Sheep Thick and Thin Special Heather, 2 skeins

I've knit quite a few bags already and never use any of them, but despite its slightly dangerous construction (someone has already ripped out a needle handle once) I seriously love my Knitting Needle Knitting Bag. It's a great shape, stretches out to an even nicer shape when it's full of yarn, and flops open wide so it should be easy to get at whatever's stored inside.

HPIM1425


I burned myself out on berry stitch doing that pineapple hat last year, and didn't like the way it looked with this yarn, so I wound up doing seed stitch instead. It wasn't much easier on my hands, but the effect is worth it. Somewhere in my house or sewing room, if I didn't stupidly give them away, is a pair of well-worn wooden needles that I'll glue in place once I find them.

HPIM1419


Pat wanted to see the fire helmet on a head, so here it is! It's very, very big, but since it's for two boys who happily wear the mixing bowl that I used to block it, I'm thinking it'll work out just fine.

Pattern: St. Elmo's Firefighter Hat from New Knits on the Block
Yarn: unidentified pale blue wool for the body, unidentified yellow acrylic, Knitpicks Merino Style for the badge

I really did get that shade of red with two packs of Cherry Kool Aid, which was all I had in the kitchen cupboard. I thought I'd planned to break out the red food coloring, but I don't think it could've got any redder.

HPIM1420


It was supposed to be for Quinn, who likes hats, but Leif is the one with firefighter jammies, so he got to be my model. Turns out they both like the hat, but I'm not a nice enough mommy to make a second one.

2 comments:

Pat said...

You are an awesome mommy to knit ONE!! Oh how my boys would have loved that when they were little! ADORABLE!!

Rachel said...

What a cute hat, and good luck on your sweater! I really like your needle bag, too. Very clever!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails