Friday, April 23, 2010

It's "tackle those things you'd rather not do" day again at my house -- and today's task was reinstalling Windows on the laptop, which I've been putting off because I had no clue how to do it and seriously resented the fact that it had to be done at all.

I didn't get around to trimming Courthouse Steps and cutting the binding, but that can wait until I get to it. Which will be soon, because I'm very happy with the way this one came out and want to snuggle up under it.



Instead of gambling on that 100% polyester sheet I thought I had my heart set on, I used some yardage that appeared out of nowhere. Grandma bought a dresser full of old sewing supplies, sold the dresser at a profit, and I got the fabric and notions to see what I can use -- how cool is that?

I really like this floral print, and there's still enough of it left for another big quilt I've got planned.

Between computer battles, I pieced these scrappy little sawtooth stars because the squares for them have been living on the end of the kitchen counter since I made my own star quilt. It's a miracle the boys hadn't made off with them already.



Tomorrow, I'm going to work on something I want to do. Once I figure out what that is.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails