Tuesday, July 12, 2011

My Floppy Hat

(there is supposed to be a picture to go with this post, but it's on my daughter's camera and she can't find her cord -- I'll add it later!)

Last summer, I bought myself a hat. It wasn't terribly expensive, but it wasn't dirt cheap either. I'm not sure what made me decide that I needed to put that hat in the shopping cart with our groceries. (That's one of the things about grocery shopping at WalMart -- anything can and sometimes does find its way in with the groceries. It happens at Costco, too, but not quite as much.)

I kept my hat in the car and wore it every time we went down to the river.

I LOVE that hat!

It keeps the sun off of my face, which means I don't have to use suntan lotion, which always gets in my eyes at some point during the day. I don't get as overheated, so I'm not nearly as miserable by the end of a day at the park with the kids. And I'm much less likely to get a headache. (Why is it that kids are apparently immune to the heat?)

It's finally warmed up enough to go play in the water, so my hat is back in the car. This poor thing has been dunked more times than I can count and is still going strong -- I had no idea how useful that little splurge would be!


(for more great tips and hints, check out Works for Me Wednesday over at We Are THAT Family)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails