Tuesday, March 06, 2012

one of the shiny things

New baby quilts were on my list of goals for the month, so this one isn't a total distraction from the to do list, but the urge to try it hit me late one night and wouldn't let go until I made the quilt a week or so later.



Remember the Spiral Log Cabin blocks I started for my January NewFO? I haven't made any more of them, but they're always on my mind in that rotating list of things I'd like work on as soon as I get a chance. And I'm always thinking of new ways to play with the baby quilts, especially now that I'm working on a batch of the 24" square ones to send to KaHolly.

Now that it's done, I've got the urge to try another one with half square triangles to round the cornersa bit. Because one scrappy little baby quilts leads to the next and the next one after that.

The original tutorial I followed for the spirals is over at Love Laugh Quilt. This post is linked to Finish it up Friday over at Crazy Mom Quilts

16 comments:

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a sweet quilt! Love the spiral design!

Denise :) said...

Spirals are fun! Thank you for sharing the tutorial for it. Who can make enough baby quilts?!? :)

Dogwood Lane Rambles said...

Great way to use scraps so colorful.

Lynn said...

This is so, so cute! You are one productive quilter. I seem to get on a quilting roll for a month or two, then don't pick up any sewing for several months afterward. But all your projects here are inspiring -- maybe it's time for some March sewing :)

heather said...

I've been thinking of making a spiral quilt like this. I thought it was an original idea. LOL. Great minds must think alike!

Sweet Woodruff said...

Very nice. Thanks for the link to the pattern. I want to make more baby quilts.

Needled Mom said...

Very cute! Great use of scraps too.

Mike Pearson said...

I'll have to remember this one next time I need a project to do :)

Erin @ MakeitSew said...

Love this spiral design! This would be a great way to use charm squares.

Joanie's Trendy Quilts said...

Love your colorful, scrappy spiral baby quilt! Won't a baby have so much fun with it?

Mary said...

So cute, and I'm saying to myself, "Why didn't I think of that?" Good job, Michelle.

Jill said...

What a beautiful quilt!


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Kat said...

I will definitely bookmark this one. What a great idea! I love the bright colors, too. Who says baby quilts need to be pastel?

Nicole said...

How cute! And what a great way to attack those scraps!

Heather said...

Very cute! Great idea! :)

Cathy R said...

That is a spectacular quilt! Thanks for the idea and the links.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails