Friday, September 14, 2012

I need some new washrags



I find it satisying to use up and wear out my hand knits. The few dishcloths that are still kicking around the kitchen are getting pretty faded and bedraggled. Maybe it's time to knit a new batch!

In the past, I've made the Knitted Round Dishcloth, and the Crimeny Jickets Garterlac Dishcloth, a Pinwheel Dishcloth,and the 4-Corners Dishcloth...wonder where all of those have gotten to? For a while, I was churning out so many Ball Band Dishcloths I could do them from memory. Now there are patterns for a Mitered Ballband Dishcloth & a Pear Shaped One. I might have to try those.

Would you believe that Ravelry has more than 8000 dishcloth patterns listed? Filter it to just the free knit patterns and you still get almost 3000. Which I waded through to come up with my own to-do list.

Just in case you like short rows and lace and interesting construction techniques as much as I do, here are my choices. I've tried to link directly to the patterns when I could.

Fancy Schmancy Dishcloth
Grandma's Favorite Heart Shaped Dishcloth
Doily Style Dishcloth
Watermelon Slice Dishcloth
Vortex Dishcloth
Center Squares
Diagonal Owl
Argosy Dishcloth
Pineapple Dishcloth
Big Kiss Dishcloth
Prime Rib X or Swirl Dishcloth
Really Fierce Dishcloth - knitted on ruffles in a contrasting color
Short Row Rectangular Wash Rag
Owly-y Dishcloth
Yvonne's Double Flower Cloth
Double Diamond Circular Facecloth
Shell Spa Cloth
hex-a-cloth
Round Cotton Washcloth
Playful Plaid Cloth
Painted Sun Washcloth
Pinwheel Cloth
Optical Illusion Cloth
Circular Facecloth With Lace Edging
Greek Key Cloth
Circle Cloth
Lacey Cabled Sweater Washcloth
Sand Dollar Washcloth
Melonaid
Cotton Leaf Rag
Keyhole Sand Dollar
Seamless Circular Cloth
Heptagonal Wash/Dish/Anycloth
Around We Go
Modular Lace Cloth
Four-Square Mitered Dishcloth
Berry Basket Dishcloth
Sunburst Dishcloth
Citrus Slice Dishcloth

Do you have a favorite washcloth pattern?

4 comments:

Aunt Marti said...

Michell, The Artful Yarn has 57 (!) dishcloth patterns on her etsy shop. She also has a book that will come out this Fall. All of her patterns have been knit-tested -- many by me!

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

My mother in law knits me plain ol square ones. I want fancy ones now!!!! Guess I need to learn how to knit, or find my crocheting hooks and do it myself. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Hi Michell, may I just say I love dishcloth patterns, i AM the Dishcloth Diva, the title of the book Marti is referring to. My favorite to knit are modern designs with lots of lines, angles, and squares. I have tons to browse through in my Ravelry shop, as well as on Etsy. I'd love for you to take a peak when you get a chance. http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheArtfulYarn

Brilliant post!

Needled Mom said...

Those are darling. My grandmother always had such cute dishrags too. I just use white washcloths that I can bleach clean.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails