Sunday, December 02, 2012

a well stocked sewing room

Earlier this week, Amanda Jean of Crazy Mom Quilts compared batting and white Kona to pantry staples. I couldn't agree with her more!

The fifty yards of  fabric I added this week? It was a bolt of white muslin and a bolt of tea dyed muslin. I'm always running out, or choosing between projects because I've only got enough muslin left to start one or the other, not both.  Now I'm all set!

Weekly Stash Report

Fabric Used this Week: 0  yards 
Fabric Used year to Date: 68.5 yards
Added this Week: 50 yards   
Added Year to Date: 496 yards
Net Added for 2012: 427.5 yards
(104 yards flung)
Yarn Used this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 995 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 3900 yards
Net Added for 2012: 2905 yards

To see more weekly stash reports, click over to Patchwork Times.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I was disappointed to buy a bolt of Kona Snow and find that it was an off white color. It is like thinking you were buying bread flour and ending up with regular flour. I will use it but it is not what I was after!

I am keeping my sewing pantry well stocked these days. Isn't it a lovely luxury to be able to do that!

Kate said...

I like the idea of comparing some fabric purchases to keeping your pantry stocked with staples. I just bought some significant yardage of some Moda Marbles because I use those all the time as blenders.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails