Wednesday, January 16, 2013

{yarn along} almost done

I am so close to having these done! All I need is a couple of hours of knitting time without distraction.  Those braids and fingers require just a little more concentration than I can muster up with the wild ones stampeding through the room.
 
I really want these done. They're the most ambitious thing I've cast on in forever, and they're coming out the way they should. And the weather has been so wickedly cold that I want to wear them the next time I leave the house. 
 

This week's book has been The Cat, The Quilt and The Corpse, first in the Cats in Trouble mystery series.  I don't think I'm enough of a cat person to really appreciate this one. The main character earns her living making cat quilts, but except for some of her quilts, not to mention her stolen cat, turning up in the victim's house, there's no vicarious quilting to be had here. There is a lot of detail about her cats. 

For more fun projects to drool over, check out On the Needles at Patchwork Times and Work in Progress Wednesdays at Tami's Amis



10 comments:

stitchin' girl said...

I hope you get the time you need to finish!! That is a beautiful color. I know what you mean about needing time to concentrate without all the "monkeys" interrupting all the time! I have to wait until they all go to bed to get that kind of stuff done :o)

Anonymous said...

Your quilts are gorgeous. That book sounds fun. Hope you find the time you need to finish up your knitting.

collettakay said...

Cozy mysteries are fun to read :)

Good luck finishing your project!

Colletta

mkonieczki said...

I really hope you have been able to find the time you need to finish these! They look wonderful and warm!

momto5 said...

i hope you get that last couple hours to get your work finished. would be nice to wear them while there is still a chill in the air. :)

bookworm-Mary said...

I know how you feel about wanting something warm to wear on your hands! We've been having that sort of weather too, and I've been pining after a nice pair of mittens.

Mistea said...

Super gorgeous. Certainly hope you get them done to keep the fingers warm.

Babajeza said...

Have you finished them yet? :-) Stay warm! Regula

Denise :) said...

Cats and quilts I can do ... not so sure about the corpses part! LOL! I just downloaded a new kindle freebie -- "Beyond the Storm" the first of the Quilts of Love series. I haven't started it yet, but I hope it's good! I think it's still free on Amazon if you want to check it out. :)

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I hate counting and paying attention to a pattern - most everything I knit is pretty mindless - because someone always seems to be talking with me! LOL! Very nice job. I hope you get your quiet time sometime this weekend so you can finish! Cheers! Evelyn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails