Saturday, April 13, 2013

Drab Postage Stamp update


This is another of my favorite UFOs. It got its start when I made this lap quilt and this one. I loved the way the fabrics played together and decided to make a big one for myself.

If I'd taken better notes, I might have it done by now, but as it is, I'm not sure what size it was intended to be. Probably sixty inches square, but maybe a little larger. Whatever the size was, I'd cut enough squares to piece the blocks. Then I raided the squares for Jo's Quilt Square Quilt Along and didn't keep track of how many I took. And found some more  fabrics and cut some more squares...and then I cleaned up around my sewing machine and didn't put everything together...

Now I've got two other postage stamp quilts planned, so this one may wait a while longer.

4 comments:

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

It's really pretty. A postage stamp quilt is on my bucket list! Keep at it! You'll make progress!

audrey said...

I really admire postage stamp quilts, but I'm not sure I could ever actually do one! They seem so intimidating! They look so lovely done, though! Lovely work!

Crispy said...

Had to laugh at you raiding another project to get squares. You know you will Kick yourself once you get to that other project and not have enough squares LOL.

Crispy

Jo said...

Hey..what size are these??

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails