Monday, April 29, 2013

playing with low volume pinks

I've been carrying the idea for this baby quilt around in my head  for the past few weeks. I had already cut my pink fabric into 2 1/2" strips when I decided that, if I don't want this to turn into a big girl sized quilt, I really needed to work with 2" squares instead.

So Thursday night I cut new strips. Not a big deal at all, but I've been carefully pulling together and hoarding all of my pinks to make myself Zuckerwatte! from Bonnie's latest book and it was hard to talk myself into parting with enough to make this quilt.  I can always cut the wider strips in half and make them into strips.

 
Anyone got some good tips for photographing low volume quilts so that the pretty piecing will show up better?
 
To see more design walls, head over to Patchwork Times.

9 comments:

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

That is such a sweet little block! It will make a darling quilt for some sweet baby! No photo tips here accept maybe try different lights, including different lamps in your home. I always find it amazing how different lamps make my quilts look. And this sounds crazy, but take the picture from one side of the quilt, then step around and take a pic from another side of the quilt. The light is almost always different for me that way! Good luck!

Mel said...

I love the patchwork churn dask type block.
I will turn off the flash if my qulting is being washed out. Not sure if the other lighting helps or hurts sometimes.

Rhonda R. said...

Very nice block. I really like the scrappy-ness of it!

Chris said...

Perfect block for a baby quilt.

Needled Mom said...

That's a good question. I'm working on a low volume one too so I can't wait to read the comments you get.

Podunk Pretties said...

I read somewhere that you should never use flash when taking quilt pictures. Natural light or light reflecting off something. When I can I take pictures outside or near a sunny window. Good luck!

Crispy said...

This will be such a sweet quilt. Love your plans for the rest of your pinks. I often turn my flash off and set my camera to macro.

Crispy

Jo said...

This will be SO cute. Can't wait to see it finished!!

Deanna said...

The soft pinks would really pop against a chocolate brown or black background, but that would be a rather different feelings...just a thought.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails