Thursday, August 15, 2013

How hot is it out there?

I found this thermometer on the porch of the house Grandma just bought.  This is going to sound amazingly rude, but when Grandma comes up with something neat that you might want to have for yourself, that's the time to speak up. Otherwise it'll find its way into a box destined for Goodwill or, in previous years, down to the antique mall. These days, it's more likely to go at a garage sale. It's not "Can I have that?", it's "If you decide to sell that, I want first dibs!"  
 
 
I love that, compared to the alligator thermometer (which I love in its own way and for totally different reasons), this one is so easy to read. And it's cute! The outline of the bird and branch is roughly hand carved.
 
My original plan was to find a protected place to hang it outside -- not in the tree because as cute as it looks there I don't want to let it fall victim to the sun and rain.  Right now it's being cute on the living room wall.  
 
This post is linked to Time Travel ThursdayTreasure Hunt ThursdayVintage Thingie Thursday, and Ivy and Elephants.

4 comments:

Laura said...

That's the way I obtained my etiquette book from the 1920s. I saw it on Greatma's bookshelf and asked if I could take it home to read it. She said I could have it. (I thought she would say that when I asked her.)

Coloradolady said...

Very cute! I almost showed off one I have today...great minds think alike! Happy VTT

LV said...

I have them around as well, but none as cute as yours.

bj said...

This really is a cutie...
Here from Coloradolady...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails