Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Pets on Quilts -- time to vote!

I've been making my way through the Pets on Quilts entries. You can find them all in this post and vote for your favorites here. There are some gorgeous quilts and adorable critters -- and I'm drooling over some of the sewing rooms in the backgrounds. Needled Mom has little turtles on a mug rug shaped like an egg.

I still can't get bees to land on a quilt, but I've got a new plan for next year. And since the bugs refuse to cooperate, Josephine, my daughter's pet hedgehog, is entered in the "other" category -- she's #9.


I've gotten a lot of questions about her. She's an African pygmy hedgehog, which is a different critter from the kind that Beatrix Potter wrote about.

There are about fifty-seven bazillion adorable pictures of hedgehogs on Pinterest. It wasn't long before Teenage Daughter fell in love and decided that she wanted one.... Hubby and I had had one when we were first married, so we knew what was involved in taking care of one, and the next thing I knew we were buying our girl a hedgehog for her birthday.


Here she is on that quilted pillow that I made for the cat a while back...the one that the cat has never ever touched because she's too busy leaving hairs all over my quilts.

When she's not exploring the house under close supervision, she lives in a big aquarium with a hamster wheel. Hedgehogs are nocturnal and VERY active.

I annoy her. When I walk in the room she slowly hunches her quills down over her face, just enough to let me know that she's thinking about curling.

Those little quills are sharp. More than once, I've been accused of leaving a pin or needle on the floor when she was the little culprit.

You can read more about Josephine's exploits over at my daughter's blog, A Girl and her Chicken Named Betty.

pets on quilts

2 comments:

Terri said...

Love this post! Your daughter's pet is adorable.
(I also identify with the typo you made... almost any word that starts with a "Q" becomes the word "quilt". My fingers just go there. I have to watch that.)
Hugs

Michelle said...

Oops! Thanks for pointing out the typo -- it's fixed now.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails