Thursday, November 14, 2013

Cheap Pyrex!

These days, I keep half an eye out for vintage Pyrex and Corning Ware. I don't really need any, and when I do find it, the prices are usually higher than I'm willing to pay.  No one told whoever did the pricing at this estate sale that Hubby and I stumbled across a couple of weeks ago.


This taped together set was a dollar. It's my least favorite pattern, and the one I have the most of, but for that price I was sure I needed the two little casserole dishes. If nothing else, they match what I've already got at home.  I didn't want the big dish on the bottom, but if it cleans up, I might use it for potlucks or something where I don't want to risk a piece I'm more attached to. 


And this piece with its pretty metallic pine cones was seventy-five cents. When I bought it, I wasn't sure exactly what it was, but it had to be worth that. According to Pyrex Love, it's a Golden Pine Promotional Space Saver Casserole With Cradle. Doesn't it just beg to be filled with something yummy for Thanksgiving dinner?  

The sale was in a huge old house, the sort of rambling mid century modern place that makes me want to pack up my kids and move in. (I love my 1920 farmhouse, but those huge basements!)  Usually if I'm shopping with Hubby, we discuss possible purchases, but with this stuff it was "Honey, you're buying me Pyrex!" 

This post is linked to Time Travel ThursdayTreasure Hunt ThursdayVintage Thingie Thursday, Share Your Cup, We Call it Olde, and Ivy and Elephants.Thriftasaurus, Thrift Share,

11 comments:

Laura said...

Great finds! So smart to collect something that is useful as well as pretty.

LV said...

An estate organizer must not have handled this estate. All I have been to, things are priced to high. You really found some great buys.

Coloradolady said...

I love that pine cone piece! my, what a great price too!!

Susana said...

Su Pirex es absolutamente adorable.
Cuantas comidas se habrán cocinado en ella!
Tengo una amiga que al morir su madre me regalo su pirex ,de su mama.
Mi amiga vive en Italia ahora y yo en América del Sur.
La extraño tanto...

Jill said...

Seventy five cents! Lucky, lucky you!

Sir Thrift-A-Lot said...

Jill said it - lucky you! TotAlly jealous.

Anny said...

$1! I would have paid that for the lids! I always find stuff but not the matching lid.

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I love Pyrex, too. =) Great deals!

Laura said...

WOW! I can't believe the prices! such a great deal!

Anonymous said...

Take it from a Pyrex collector, you seriously SCORED on that pinecone dish! Spacesavers are usually at least $20 with the lid! Thanks for sharing this at the We Call It Olde Link-Up, hope you join us again. -Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Wow, really unheard of prices. Love the pine cone piece with the carrier! I have one piece that has a carrier. You're right, at that price you couldn't pass them up. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails