Monday, November 04, 2013

Sapphires and Rubies...sorta...

This started out as an attempt to make the Sapphires and Rubies baby quilt from Needyl.  


Because I'm not working with solids and didn't want a seam breaking up the design on my fabric, I decided to make a sort of elongated snowball block instead of the four-at-a-time flying geese that the pattern calls for. Which meant I guessed at some of the measurements. My blocks don't line up like the ones in the pattern, but I can live with that. 

That white star that the background fabric is making? Those are a complete accident that I created when I sawed some blocks together wrong. It won't be in the finished quilt. 

I'm linking up to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times.

3 comments:

Marj said...

The stars are a great idea for another quilt.... I like the one you are doing, it will be fun to see it come together.

Aunt Marti said...

I love this quilt -- can't wait to see the finished product!

Tammy said...

This looks really good. It will be beautiful

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails