Tuesday, January 14, 2014

the fear of leaving one out...

Last January, I got intrigued by the idea of low volume quilts. I had plenty of pastel baby prints that I didn't know what to do with, so I  cut a bunch of squares and made Annabelle and Amanda.


Teenage Daughter saw them and decided that she wanted a big version for herself -- without the baby bottles or diaper pins. I pulled a bunch of fabrics and bought some more, and cut a bunch of squares and then got distracted by other things. What hangs me up with this kind of project is the fear that I'll leave something out. As soon as I get the top together, I just know I'll stumble across the absolute perfect fabric or fabrics, waiting there in my stash. 

I've got my nine-hundred squares cut, so I think it's time to just say enough is enough and start piecing. I could get the top together in a few days...or I could make a few blocks and then stop because I'm sure that perfect neutral fabric is still lurking in my stash...

3 comments:

Linda said...

Wow! 900 squares! It's going to be beautiful and so worth it!

Dogwood Lane Rambles said...

What size are you cutting your little squares Michelle? I'm sure you have room for more should the perfect fabric jump out at you. But if it does jump out how rude!

Jessica Hadden said...

Love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails