Wednesday, March 19, 2014

{Yarn Along} The Memory Child

I'm reusing a picture from an earlier Yarn Along post because everything is still green and looks pretty much the same, despite hours and hours of knitting. I don't know if these projects are really this boring or if it's just because it's all so green. I like green, a lot, but I'm really wanting to cast on something pink or red or any other color! 


I read The Memory Child by Steena Holmes almost straight through, with one quick break to stretch my legs and feed my kids lunch. It's obvious from page one that something is wrong in Diane's world. She was apprehensive about having a baby, afraid that the dark tragedy from her own childhood might repeat itself. Now that she's given birth to Grace, she can't imagine anything better than motherhood. But things aren't quite right. Her husband Brian hasn't returned from his company's London offices, and he hasn't been calling or responding to her emails. Their live-in nanny, who takes constant notes about Diane, seems completely unconcerned with the baby's welfare.

After a couple of chapters, I really thought I knew where the author was headed, but I was completely wrong. The ending hit me like a punch to the stomach. The impact might have been stronger due to recent experiences of my own, but I still didn't see it coming.

I highly recommend this one if you're looking for a suspenseful read. I'll definitely be looking for Steena Holmes's other books.

1 comment:

momto5 said...

is that light green multi colored thing a sock?? that yarn is amazing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails