Tuesday, July 22, 2014

I should have taken pictures...

We found the neatest estate sale last weekend, the kind where you don't buy much but have an absolute blast looking at crazy things you didn't know you wanted. I should have taken pictures, but I was having too much fun just taking in the wonderful old stuff. Seriously -- they had a camel saddle. And storage boxes for eight track tapes, still in their original packaging. I'm not sure which would be less useful.

If Hubby hadn't been with us, I think Teenage Daughter and I would've played Tetris to see how much cheap antique furniture we could fit into the back of the van without leaving a young boy behind. There's room in the barn and she's going to have a place of her own someday. Not soon, but it was great old furniture and dirt cheap.

I bought four old spring metal embroidery hoops. Not sure what I'm going to put in them yet since I can't make myself do needlework in round hoops, but I've seen some fun ideas on Pinterest. Hubby wanted to know why I was buying them since "You don't do embroidery." It wouldn't surprise me if next week he told me that I don't knit socks.

There was a neat metal case from an old microscope for five dollars. It had great graphics, but I told myself I didn't really want it. Just Googled for a similar one to show you and I think it's this same one that's listed on etsy for $75. Hopefully someone who got there later in the day got a great deal and it doesn't wind up in the landfill.

What I did want was the croquet set. I've been looking for one for a few years and they had one that was just old enough to look neat but not so old I'd feel awful about using it. I talked myself into being good, mostly because I've never played croquet in my life, but I'm starting to wish it wasn't too far to drive back.

Sometimes looking it just as fun as buying, isn't it?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails