Sunday, August 03, 2014

A Good Feeling

It really shocked me to realize that the little pile of sock yarn I'd put together a few weeks ago is gone. Those skeins are now the Summer Rainbow socks, and the Regia Surf Socks, and the Flamingo socks. I never work like that. I'll pull together yarn or fabric and patterns and make plans and something else always sends me off on a happy little detour.

I don't know if I like working this way or not.


It's a good feeling to use up stash that's been sitting there for years, especially when it's good stuff you'd almost forgotten about!

Just in case you're getting the wrong idea, this is not the yarn that I used up. It's the stuff I pulled together when I realized that I need a bigger pile.

Weekly Stash Report

I've got a finished pair of socks that may or may not be included in these numbers. I tried to go back through my last few stash reports to figure it out, but I've finished so many socks lately and I'm reporting them all as the exact same yardage and I can't remember quite when I finished them... Blame it on way too many nights with way too little sleep.  I've used a lot more yarn that I've bought and that's the whole point of keeping track. I'm sure it'll all balance out somewhere, right?

Fabric Used this Week: 1 3/4 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 17 1/2 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 48 yards
Net Added for 2014: 30 1/2 yards

Yarn Used this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 3775 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 2610 yards
Net Used for 2014: 1165 yards

This post is linked to Patchwork Times.

2 comments:

CathieJ said...

Wow, you must really have a big stash. Although I really shouldn't talk. I do too. You have been quite productive with all those socks. Maybe it is time for a detour.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting all that yarn used up! Wish I could work that fast. :) ~Melanie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails