Sunday, October 26, 2014

Not Knitting at the Pumpkin Patch

Last Sunday was our annual trip to the pumpkin patch. The kids and I leave the house early so we can get there shortly after they open (because otherwise cars are backed up onto the highway waiting for parking) and stay until they're all exhausted. Because if I'm going to splurge on wristbands for the activities, I'm going to let those boys (and their sister) do as many slides and mazes and runs down the zipline as their little hearts desire.

It makes for a loooong day, but it's only once a year.

The weather was gorgeous and the crowds weren't too bad this year. I only made one mistake -- putting my knitting back on the couch instead of putting it in my purse just in case. Because while the kids were doing their thing, I spent hours sitting on damp hay bales. They two youngest are old enough that they don't need me to go through the lines with them, and they'd rather do the mazes alone. So I leave them at the entrance and wait at the exit, then sit there while they do another trip or three through the Realm of Darkness.

I should have brought my sock. You can only people watch for so long, and you can do that while knitting ribbing. Why did I convince myself that it would be bad mommying to bring it along? I knit at karate and speech therapy and everywhere else....

Would you knit at the pumpkin patch?

Weekly Stash Report 

Fabric Used this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 17 1/2 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 58 3/4 yards
Net Added for 2014: 41 1/4 yards

I'm not counting the seven or so yards that Teenage Daughter used for her Halloween costume, but it's out of the stash. It was meant for quilts, so it did get counted on the way in, but that was last year.

Yarn Used this Week:  0 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 6575 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 4210 yards
Net Used for 2014: 2365 yards

This post is linked to Patchwork Times.

5 comments:

DeeDee said...

Sounds like a fun day spent at the Pumpkin Patch!

Suzanne said...

I try to carry my knitting and/or hand sewing projects with me everywhere. A Fall pumplin patch sounds wonderful!

Kate said...

Sounds like a great day. I would have probably brought a book, I would have been concerned about getting my needle work dirty.

Auntiepatch said...

I would have taken my Kindle along. It goes with me everywhere.

Libby in TN said...

My mother would knit at my basketball games -- until she dropped a stitch at one particularly tense moment. However, at home her hands were never idle. I wish knitting didn't hurt my hands so much.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails