Sunday, October 19, 2014

So, how do I count this one?

I've been watching Value Village for embroidery floss, thinking that if I find a bag with the sort of colors I'm after it might make sense. At the current price of floss, I'm not sure I want to raid my cross-stitching projects and hope I can replace it later. There's also the fact that not all stores carry all colors. It would be just my luck to use up the one shade I can't easily replace.

I didn't find any floss, but I was intrigued by this --


No, it's not designer pre-cuts. That was obvious through the bag. What it is is a dismantled sample book. The fabric is 100% cotton, a little heavier than most quilting fabric....and just look at those pretty stripes!

I'm thinking there's a wonderful tote bag or utility quilt in here somewhere.



I'm counting it as a yard because I'm not going to measure each piece and tally it up that way.

Weekly Stash Report 

Fabric Used this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 17 1/2 yards
Added this Week: 1 yards
Added Year to Date: 58 3/4 yards
Net Added for 2014: 41 1/4 yards

Yarn Used this Week:  700 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 6575 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 4210 yards
Net Used for 2014: 2365 yards

This post is linked to Patchwork Times.

5 comments:

CathieJ said...

This is a great find. It will make a great tote.

Deanna said...

However you count it, I probably would have purchased it, too.

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

Those will be fun stripes in a tote.

Kate said...

Very pretty colors, it will make a great tote or a quilt.

Suzanne said...

A great tote or maybe a table runner!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails