Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Drudgery

Most of the designs in my vintage embroidery stash make chores look fun, like the kitten with the  canister vacuum.  This gal looks like she's having much less fun. (Maybe she'd rather be at her sewing machine, like she is in the other image from this set that I stitched last year?) 


As soon as I saw this one, I got the impression that she wasn't having much fun. I think it's the way she's so bent over (but look at that perfect posture!) and her sleeves are all scrunched up. I'm sure this dress is the most faded one from her closet.  Or maybe she doesn't hate mopping. Maybe she's serene and in the moment.

Yup, I'm still making up stories to go with just about every block that I stitch.

3 comments:

KaHolly said...

She's getting her floor all clean so she can lay out a quilt. Why else would she be washing the floor?

krislovesfabric said...

Maybe she's wishing for a swiffer...

Jo said...

I can't wait to see your finished product when you get these all done!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails