Sunday, August 16, 2015

Weekly Stash Report


When we picked up the mail Monday afternoon, there was a squishy envelope from my buddy Jo of Jo's Country Junction. Of course I thought it was fabric, because what else would she be sending me?
Sock yarn! Along with the sweetest note about knitting some sanity back into my life. Just look at those yummy colors. I've never heard of this brand -- Online Supersocke 4-fach Samba-Color -- and I can't find it on Ravelry, although there are some other similar looking yarns from the same company.

I'd cast on a new pair of self-striping socks Sunday night, but when I sat down to knit on Monday, I pulled them off the needles and started over with a skein of the yarn Jo sent.  It's not just pretty, it feels good to knit with and is making a gorgeous pair of socks. I'm already up to the heel of the first one.

In case you missed it on Friday, I'm playing with the idea of doing a sock knitalong soon. The socks would be toe up, knit on double pointed needles (this would be a great project for learning DPNs, since you aren't joining a bunch of stitches and worrying about twisting them), and we can do it with fingering or worsted weight yarn. And probably the best part is that you don't have to worry too much about gauge. Decide on a yarn and needles combination that you like and we'll work from there. If you're interested, leave a comment. 

Weekly Stash Report  

Fabric Used this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 4 3/4 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 41 yards
Net Added for 2015: 36 1/4 yards

Yarn Used this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 6000 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 1377 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 8833 yards
Net Added for 2015:   2833 yards

This post is linked to Patchwork Times.

5 comments:

Lcrrkhs said...

I'm in for a sock-a-long and would prefer fingering. The big bumps worsted would make would drive my feet nuts.

Right now I do cuff down, so I'd like to learn toe up.

Kathleen S.
Normal, IL

kwiltnkats said...

What a nice gift! I'm not a knitter but can appreciate good things. Have fun making socks. Sandi

Judy S. said...

Which pretty ball did you start with first?

Dar said...

Oh my goodness. You are one LUCKY lady to receive such a wonderful gift. I would have a hard time deciding which one to start with. She is certainly a wonderful friend.

Kelly said...

I've never made socks. Would it be too difficult for a true beginner?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails