Saturday, October 10, 2015

Hey There, Dumpling!

Years and years ago, Hubby and I used to make egg rolls. I'd found a yummy filling recipe that I made and he did the actual cooking because deep oil frying intimidated me. I'd forgotten all about those until I received this book for review.




Hey There, Dumpling!: 100 Recipes for Dumplings, Buns, Noodles, and Other Asian Treats by Kenny Lao has me wanting to head straight to the grocery store for wrappers and pork and cilantro. (We've got most of the other ingredients I'd want in the cupboards already.) But today is the first day in weeks that I don't have to leave the house for something or other, so I'm just staying put and making plans.

Everyone in our big family loves dumplings and buns and potstickers and these recipes are written to make fifty of  them. The idea is that you'll be having a dumpling party or freezing some for quick weeknight dinners, but I figure that for us a batch will make a meal and, if we're lucky, some for breakfast the next morning.

I like that the author doesn't assume that you know what you're doing. He provides tips for fixing problems like cracked wrappers and oozing filling and diagrams for the different folding techniques. In addition to all of the dumplings and buns, there are dipping sauces and side dishes and desserts.

Disclosure - The publisher provided me with an electronic ARC. I'll be buying a copy of the book.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails