Sunday, March 13, 2016

I've Got What I Need


There's not much to say in these stash reports lately. I'm using yarn at a respectable pace. I'm staying off of craigslist and mostly out of the craft stores.,,,not because I'm working hard at it, but because life is just working out that way. Two and a half months with no yarn buying and almost no fabric buying (and how much does a yard from the Goodwill bins really count anyway?) and I'm not even feeling the pain. I've got fabric and batting and thread. And yarn. For the moment, I'm good.

The supply list for Sock Madness mentions beads. Those aren't something I've got in my stash and I don't know when (or maybe if) I'll need them. If that pattern is released a day after our weekly errand run, I was going to be in trouble. The nearest town is fifteen miles away and I don't think I can buy beads there....unless maybe Walmart sells them and I've never noticed. So I  stopped at Joann's and picked up a couple of tubes of colors that I think will work with yarns I've got in my stash. I only need forty beads total, but I don't have the slightest clue what the socks will look like or which yarn I'll be using. I figure it was a very small investment to preserve my peace of mind.

Weekly Stash Report

Fabric used this week: 0 yards
Fabric used year to date: 4 3/4 yards
Fabric added this week:  0
Fabric added year  to date: 1 yard (+2 sheets)
Net used for 2016: 3 3/4 yards

Yarn used this Week: 400  yards
Yarn used year to Date: 2350 yards
Yarn added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn added Year to Date: 0 yards
Net used for 2016: 2350 yards

This post is linked to Patchwork Times.

1 comment:

Kate said...

It's a pain to not be close to craft stores, you really have to think ahead sometimes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails