Wednesday, October 12, 2016

{Yarn Along} A Bit of Halloween Knitting


My goal, which I made before I knew how soon I was going to have surgery, was to finish the September Scare socks before the first Scary Sock pattern was released. I got the socks done with hours to spare and when the first pattern, for a pair of socks based on Stranger Things, was released I pulled out some appropriate yarn. And then I procrastinated because I was too stressed to learn a new technique (the jogless jog) and I wasn't sure which size I should make and I was just feeling spectacularly unmotivated.

Then there were only a couple of days left until the next pattern so I decided to hold off and see which of the two I was more inspired by. Those white blobs are a bit of Halloween knitting from my Ravelry queue that may or may not come together as planned.

Monday night, the second pattern was released. It's based on The Birds and has spiralling feathers and is looking a lot more tempting. But it's cuff down and I'm still not feeling all that motivated to cast on sixty-some stitches and join without twisting.

I spent the first couple of days after my surgery curled up with a stack of library books.

The Obsession by Nora Roberts had been renewed and renewed again and returned and checked out and renewed....I wanted to read it but there was always something else I needed/wanted to start first. I'm glad I kept this copy at home until the time was right. There are two stories here -- the one that starts the night Naomi follows her father into the woods and opens a locked root cellar where she discovers the woman he's been holding captive, and the one where Naomi has grown up, become a successful photographer, and is renovating a neglected old house.  I was immediately pulled into the first half of the book, but it took me some time to warm up to grown up Naomi. The book is a romantic suspense and not nearly as dark as the other stuff I've been reading these days.

The Shut Eye by Belinda Bauer starts with five footprints that a four-year-old left in wet cement moments before he disappeared without a trace. Hoping for answers that the police can't provide, his mother turns to a psychic who refuses to help. There's a lot going on here and I'm not sure it all tied together well.

Halfway through End of Watch I'm not enjoying it as much as I did Finders Keepers.

Disclosure -- The books are from the library. This post is linked to Patchwork Times, Yarn Along,  

1 comment:

CathieJ said...

I hope your recovery is going well. I love Nora Roberts. Thanks for the info about the other book. I don't think that is my cup of tea. I hope you can figure out what to knit soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails