Sunday, November 06, 2016

Happy Squishy Mail

I had a moment last week, or maybe it was the week before, when I was sewing up a  couch cushion while balancing the phone against my ear and trying to get through a bunch of automated menus. Not the best time to have someone come in and dump the mail in my lap. I was dealing with enough at that particular second without having more things added.

The same thing happened again a few days later, but that time there was a squishy envelope on top of the pile from my friend Jo.


Isn't it pretty?!  I've never used this brand before and this colorway isn't showing up on Ravelry, but from the others that do show up, it's going  to make some wonderfully busy stripes. At first glance, I thought this yarn might be too close to the stuff I'm using for my Faster Socks to knit them back to back, but in addition to the white and orange and black, this one has green and yellow.

I talked myself out of frogging my toe and starting over with the pretty new yarn.

Weekly Stash Report

Fabric used this week: 0 yards
Fabric used year to date: 7 1/4 yards
Fabric added this week:  0 yards
Fabric added year  to date: 30 1/4 yards (+4 sheets)
Net added for 2016: 23 yards

Yarn used this Week:  400  yards
Yarn used year to Date: 6350 yards
Yarn added this Week: 400 yards
Yarn added Year to Date: 9518 yards
Net added for 2016: 3168 yards

This post is linked to Patchwork Times.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a VERY interesting color variation. Are these yarns made strictly for socks, or can they be used for anything knitted or crocheted? dezertsuz at gmail

Scooquilt said...

Beautiful yarn! Can't wait to see it made up.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails