Monday, January 09, 2017

Be My Neighbor -- Sailing, Sailing...

The boat, floating on its little pieced waves, is one of my favorite blocks in the whole quilt.. 


I'm still going with the "grab what's closest and vaguely appropriate" method of fabric selection, so when it was time to choose fabric for the flag and I spotted those bones it became immediately clear that these neighbors are pirates.


This house, another of my favorite blocks from the quilt, looks less like a Jack O' Lantern in real life. I didn't see the jaggedy teeth at all until I was importing the pictures.

1 comment:

Teri said...

Love your blocks. It was one of my favorite sew alongside ever! I used up a lot of fig tree scraps, but it didn't even make a dent (except for the background where I ran short)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails