Monday, January 30, 2017

Goose on the Loose

Back when we were all excited about making cheddar bow ties, I read a post by someone who was using green for the background. The idea was so appealing that I bought some solid  fabric with the intention of making a second quilt. 

Then I saw the Goose on the Loose block at Alamasa Quilter. It's supposed to be part of a sampler, but I'm picturing an entire quilt made from this block. 

Goose on the Loose

I've been cutting the center pieces from the same strips I'm using for my scrappy sixteen-patch. If I stick with the measurements I've got planned, it will take five hundred of them. Sounds hard, but I've already got at least a hundred pressed and trimmed. With the Easy Angle and Companion Angle rulers, they're not bad at all. It also helps that I don't panic if I lose a point here and there.

2 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Ahh, I see a lot of florals in your scraps! Green is a good choice to pull it all together. I love making geese with Easy and Companion Angles, especially when they are scrappy.

Ariane said...

I'm loving this block! It's going to make a beautiful quilt!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails