Thursday, January 26, 2017

Indecision



Back in November, I sewed together a bunch of 1 1/2" strips. The plan was to use the resulting fabric for a new tote bag. I layered it with batting and quilted straight lines about a third of an inch apart and then ran it through the washer and dryer so that it would have that crinkly quality that I love about heavily quilted scrap quilts.


I spent hours on the piecing and even more hours on the quilting. I love the results I got. Unfortunately, I didn't write down the original plan and now I keep second-guessing myself. I know the approximate dimensions I want and that I want boxed corners and a lining. What I don't know is if I want a zipper across the top....or a zippered pocket inside....

This isn't the first time I've had a project completely worked out in my head and then forgotten the original plan.  And even though I'm pretty sure I've figured out what that plan was, I think I want to make some changes.

Do you take notes? Or wing it?


3 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Been there, done that! Lately I've been trying (that's the operative word) to leave notes with the project so I at least have a clue about the next step. Can't say I'm always successful, though. I recently went through all my UFOs and added notes, or in many cases just ideas, for a semblance of a plan.

sewbusy said...

I have learned to make notes (mainly so I won't change my mind and have ANOTHER project unfinished😄)

Dipa kumari said...

wow very nice...
www.everyindia.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails