Wednesday, January 04, 2017

{Yarn Along} Love, Die, Neighbor


My hands were getting cranky about the cotton/elastic blend so I decided to cast on with my Arne & Carlos Winter Night, which I knew would be easy knitting. As soon as I had that done, my hands decided they didn't mind the Esprit anymore. That works -- once I'm through this ribbing I've already got the toe of the next sock done!

Love, Die, Neighbor by Joanna Slan

Love, Die, Neighbor by Joanna Campbell Slan

I've really missed Mert. She was one of my favorite characters in the early books of the Kiki Lowenstein series and although I enjoy reading about Kiki's new friends, it's not the the same without her. As soon as I saw the description of this latest book, I clicked the order button. This is a prequel, set years before the first book in the series. I'd forgotten how much Kiki has grown and changed since the first book and this is a glimpse at how she was years before that. You can see the beginnings of the fantastic wife and mother that she becomes in later years.  The mystery is great, but it's the characters I'm most excited about. I hope we'll get to see more of Kiki as a young mother!

Disclosure -- I bought the book myself. This post is linked to Patchwork Times, Yarn Along 

4 comments:

steph said...

i so agree about the cotton thing....love the end result, but hate the process. just hard on the hands!!!

katrynka said...

Lovely colors!!

Joanna Campbell Slan said...

Thank you for your kind words, Michelle. Now if you could only teach me to be a better knitter...sigh.

Heather said...

Such pretty socks! I need to start completing sock pairs...I have many that are missing their partner :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails