Wednesday, November 15, 2017

{Books and Yarn} Fatal, Family, Album



I've got new socks on my needles, using that pink and purple self-striping yarn I bought on Saturday. It's too early to have much of an opinion about them, but I'm all set for when life hands me a few minutes that would be better used for knitting than cross stitch. New yarn and a new book by a favorite author -- who could complain about that?

Fatal, Family, Album by Joanna Campbell Slan

It's been a long wait since Glue baby Gone ended with a completely unexpected cliff-hanger. Fatal, Family, Album came out on Monday and my other plans for the day were put on hold so I could finally find out what was going to happen. Of course there's a murder mystery and it does have a satisfying conclusion that ties everything together, but that's secondary to the other huge events going on in Kiki's life. Reading this book felt like finally getting in touch with an old friend and catching up on all of the gossip. Don't start the series with this one, but definitely do start the series if you haven't already!



Seeds of Revenge by Wendy Tyson

I loved Bitter Harvest, the second Greenhouse Mystery, but I didn't find myself getting quite as caught up in Seeds of Revenge. I'm not sure why. The mystery is complex, with lots of characters who all have possible motives and one of them is a "love chemist" who sells modern day love potions. It's a good book, but I didn't find myself  wanting to read it straight through like I do so many others.

Disclosure -- I bought Fatal, Family, Album myself. I was provided with an advance review copy of Seeds of Revenge by the publisher. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails