Wednesday, January 03, 2018

{Books and Yarn} Say No Moor

One of  the plans for this year was to take the yarn I'd stashed for sweaters that will never be and knit some of it up into shawls. I'm wearing the Snoqualmie Wrap a lot these days and loving how nice and warm it is. 

While I was searching Ravelry for patterns I could use with my Caron Cakes, I stumbled across a group with the goal of knitting at least twelve shawls a year. I can do that, especially if I'm knitting with worsted and bulky weight acrylic from my stash. 


Then I went to Michaels with my daughter and she pointed out that this 439 yard skein would make a pretty shawl. So I bought it with the intention of making that shawl for her...because any excuse for buying cheap yarn...and then, because all of the yarn was forty percent off, I bought a couple of other pretty skeins to make shawls for myself. Four shawls from new yarn and eight from older stash...that'll work!




Say No Moor by Maddy Hunter

It took me a few pages to get into the latest Passport to Peril mystery because the book opens with an explanation of what bloggers are and why a group of them is participating in Emily's latest tour. Once that bit is out of the way, the book picks up speed and is the usual entertaining, disastrous adventure. Emily and her usual group of clients are always fun to read about. Shortly after the group checks into the Stand and Deliver Inn, one of the owners dies and the other is arrested for his murder, which leaves Emily and her friends struggling to keep the inn going and solve the murder...and keep the bloggers happy so that their online reviews don't destroy Emily's business. 

Disclosure -- I was provided with an advance review copies by the publisher. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails