Saturday, January 06, 2018

That Thirteen Year Old Box of Cross-Stitch UFOs

Want to see what was in it? 

My 13 year old box of unfinished cross stitch

These are the most exciting projects, but there were some others that aren't as photogenic. If you want to see all of it, and me looking like a deer in the headlights while I'm sorting through the box, there's a video.

I found this weeks ago, when I was digging around for the kits and then didn't go through it until now because I thought it would be good for a video and blog post. There's stuff here that confuses the heck out of me. Please keep in mind that I packed it all away while we were moving down to this house, when I had an eight year old, a five year old, a six month old and was just pregnant with the new baby....which all culminated in a month of hospital bedrest, both houses being broken into, and, a bit later, kidney surgery for my youngest. I'm proud of myself for remembering my own name after all of that!

I knew I'd left projects unfinished. There are a few that aren't here with the rest. I'd messed up on them, so it's possible that they got tossed back then.

I remember starting Woodland Walk, the sampler in the upper right hand corner. That's actually the last project I was working on and everything was going well with it.

Now that I see it again, I remember working on Stonehearth Hutch. It's a shock to see how much progress I'd made before setting it aside. It seems like something went wrong with stitch placement, but there's got to be a way to salvage that last corner.

Sanctuary is a pleasant surprise. When I was looking for the kits, I knew I had that one (which it turns out wasn't a kit after all.) I didn't know that I'd started it or made so much progress.

The little garden scene in the lower right hand corner is a mystery. It's on my favorite fabric. I've got the pattern and all of the floss. No one else around here would have stitched it, but I don't think it was my style even then... So I'm confused. All of the back-stitching (and there's a lot of that) is done on the finished part.

Considering how much stitching I'd been doing at the time, this isn't bad at all. I'll finish all four of these projects, and they look like they can be finished...depending on what problems I find when I take a closer look at Stonehearth Hutch.  There's also a lot of gridded fabric for projects I didn't start, and a lot of stuff  I had kitted up, but considering how much the price of supplies has risen, I'm counting that as a win.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails